Monday, May 10, 2010

My First Mother's Day



I had my first Mother's Day this past Sunday, and I spent it in Vicksburg with my own mom, my dad, and Avery. Jake was out of town with baseball. It was really the night before Mother's Day, that made me think about being a mom the most. Avery was very tired and worn out from our day of running around town, and she fell asleep on the couch cuddled with a koala bear one of mom's salesman had sent for her. She looked so sweet sitting there, I just felt overcome with love. Once she woke up, she was still pretty sleepy and delirious, but she began to do this "thing" she like to do to me. She slobbers all over my face and pulls my hair, like she is kissing me. Ha, I call it the Avery Attack! When I took her to lie down for bed a bit later, she just wrapped her arms around my head and put her face next to mine. That is what Mother's Day is all about! I've never felt more joy in my life. Being a mom is awesome!

2 comments: