Sunday, January 17, 2016

Avery's 6th Birthday and Grayton Beach

This has been some kind of year. After losing Dad in March, we recently found out I am pregnant! The same day, we also found out that Jake did not get the head job at Mississippi College where he's spent the last 8 years as an assistant baseball coach. Jake also played at MC, holds baseball records there, and received not only his Bachelor's but his Master's degree from there as well. I know it is a hard pill for him to swallow, but we are thankful that he still has his job and are hopeful that the new coach will hit it off with him. He is a hard-working, loyal, and passionate man when it comes to his job and his family. I know God will take care of him (and us). Aside from all of this, the renters who have lived in our home in Brandon this past year (as we've lived in Vicksburg to be near my parents) decided it best to stop paying us, stay in our home with 2 large dogs they were never supposed to have, and not only smoke indoors, but terrorize our home. We've been to court, and we were awarded a sum of the money they owe us as well as an eviction, but they refused to pay us and still stayed in the house until they were ready to move out any way. This has left us in a bind financially because we have paid for our own rent/bills plus theirs. They even stole a package from Gymboree I ordered that were uniforms for Avery. This should reveal the caliber of people we've been dealing with! We will be moving back into the house as soon as possible, but Jake has to do as much as he can to make it livable first. Thankfully, I am blessed to announce that I have accepted a Kindergarten position at Pearl Lower Elementary in the fall, and Avery will be right down the hall from me! This is a huge positive for me, and I am excited to return to PPSD where I spent 8 years at the Upper.
This has been a time full of ups and downs, highs and lows; however, we can't lose hope in God's plan for us. We know that this is just life, and while we don't quite understand all of these things that have come are way lately, we are grateful to have a beautiful family and the promise that God is ALWAYS here with us.

"Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6

Now, let's get down to something amazing! My child is turning 6! What in the world??!! This little red-head (Remember? The one who wasn't "supposed" to be born...) never fails to show me that nothing is impossible! As I said above, this has been quite some year. With all that is going on, we decided to head to the beach for Avery's birthday. I still asked sweet Mrs. Linda to make Avery an Elsa shirt (and she threw in one for Bryce too-Olaf of course!), and I gave her a few Frozen toys and some jewelry for her big day. We did stop by Braxton to enjoy some cake Grammy made, and then we headed to Pensacola to visit D-Bo, Kayla, and Miss Jolie. Once we got to the beach, I felt like I could breathe for the first time in a while. It gave me peace, and we had the best time together those few days. As always, the scenery was beautiful. Coincidentally, my good friend and college roommate, Yvie, was down from us with her family too. It was great going over to enjoy dinner and catch up with them! After the trauma I suffered with watching Dad pass, I really needed this get-a-way with Jake and the kids. It gave me the piece of mind I'd been needing. 




Chick-fil-a, An Avery Birthday Tradition







Sassy and SIX!







Celebrating at Grammy's












Headed to Florida



First stop: Pensacola to visit the Bodree's!





















June 9, 2015, Avery's Actual Birthday
Avery loves Frozen! After holding her back an extra year in preschool, we are praying she is ready for K this upcoming fall. We plan on getting her back in dance with Miss Whitney, and look forward to seeing what God has in store for our little princess. She is still as happy and hard-headed as ever. Her smile continues to light up the room, and her joy is contagious. He health has been great, and while we still hold our breath at every cardio appointment, Avery's heart continues to handle her conditions well. She loves watching Kid's YouTube, playing outside, dancing around and singing. She enjoys watching DVDs, and has become quite the artist (now that she can actually sit for a time period and do something). We love her SO much, and praise God for the blessing she continues to be in our lives.



Next Stop: Grayton Beach!

























































Our Happy Place






No comments:

Post a Comment