Wednesday, July 21, 2010

God's Timing Is Perfect.

You know as humans, we worry so much about timing. Everything happening when we want it to happen. If I've learned anything over the past few years, it's that God's timing is absolutely flawless. I can't tell you how many moments He has let me know that over this time. For instance, last night, I was a bit worried about a new project I am working on. I feel that God has placed this desire in my heart for something, and it hasn't been exactly going as I planned for it to. My brother, Mitch, is in Kansas City at the moment for a conference. As most people know, if they know me, he is a creative music minister at Bowmar Baptist in Vicksburg. Any way, he text that he was watching Tenth Avenue North (a band that I absolutely love) sing live. A little later, while I was working on my project, the phone rang. When I picked up, all I heard was the band I love, singing "By Your Side" LIVE! I put it on speaker so Avery could hear, and we sat and listened to the entire song via Mitch's phone. You see, that song is very special to me, and I believe that God has used it multiple times to remind me that He is always with me...in everything moment, whether big and important or small and somewhat insignificant. There's no need for worry, His timing is perfect, as is His will and purpose for my life. No walls can stand in my way when I am doing what He wants me to do. I share this to remind myself and others of that very important fact. The lyrics are below if you'd like to read them...


Tenth Avenue North, By Your Side Lyrics:

Why are you striving these days
Why are you trying to earn grace
Why are you crying
Let me lift up your face
Just don't turn away

Why are you looking for love
Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough
To where will you go child
Tell me where will you run
To where will you run

And I'll be by your side
Wherever you fall
In the dead of night
Whenever you call
And please don't fight
These hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you

Look at these hands and my side
They swallowed the grave on that night
When I drank the world's sin
So I could carry you in
And give you life
I want to give you life

(Chorus 2x)

Cause I, I love you
I want you to know
That I, I love you
I'll never let you go

(Chorus 2x)

No comments:

Post a Comment