Sunday, July 4, 2010

BostonMed!

I have never watched this show- BostonMed - but I saw a preview and wanted to watch, just forgot to set DVR to record it. Any way, I was on the phone with my mom the other night, while she watched it. As we were talking, she told me there was a heart baby and it may be difficult for me to watch, but then she said, "hey, wait...it's Dr. Bacha!" It was so cool- Avery's surgeon from NYC was the baby's surgeon! I tuned in at that point! When we thought we were going to have the surgery in the Fall, we were told we would travel to Boston to that hospital. Since we were able to wait until after the holidays, we were sent to New York because Dr. Bacha moved there in January to take the chief of surgery position. The little bit of the show we did watch was very surreal- they showed part of the surgery, including the baby's heart in Dr. Bacha's hands- literally. I admit, it's very weird to watch. It's so dramatized on television- you have the music and the camera effects, but it's so much different, not to mention, more difficult in real life. Dr. Bacha said on the show, that if anyone could fix it, we can- he is so talented and blessed by God to do what he does. It's so weird to see him on television when he just called a few weeks ago from his cell phone to help me figure out some billing issues. I'm so relieved he was the one to perform Avery's surgery- to have the best possible option become avaiable to you is priceless. I've found that surgeons can be quite cold and impersonable until after the surgery is complete (which I am sure is an appropriate defense mechanism considering what they do), but Dr. Bacha, was very warm and comforting from the beginning. We just love him! Even though it brought lots of emotion to surface- it is was still really cool to see him on television!!

No comments:

Post a Comment