Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Atlanta Trip 2010

We decided to take a long overdue trip to Atlanta this summer to visit our friends, the Flottas. We had lots of fun with Suzanna, Collin and Cameron at their house in Kennesaw. Avery enjoyed playing with their sweet yellow lab, Shelby, and of course, loved Cameron and all of his fun toys!! The first night of our long weekend, we went out to eat at a local grill and tried bison burgers, which were really yummy!! On Saturday morning, we took the kids to a nearby park (which is really nice), and had a wonderful time playing. That afternoon, we left the kids with a sitter (poor thing, lol) and headed to a Braves game to watch Atlanta play Detroit. The game was lots of fun, I'd actually never been to Turner Field. We sat behind a man who strangely resembled Clark Griswold of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, so many laughs resulted from that! The Braves also won the game (which they really almost lost due to pitching), so that made the game even better! We enjoyed pizza at home with the kids that night, and sadly, left on Sunday morning to return home. Avery did great on the trip, and we only stopped a few times, breaking for lunch and a few restroom/diaper change stops. Hopefully, this means she will do really well on our trip to the beach soon!!
Suzanna has been a great friend to me, especially over this past year. We have known one another since the 6th grade, and remained friends throughout school, even becoming college dormmates at ULM (which was NLU back then). Her mom was Mrs. Linda, was my 6th grade teacher, as well as my co-worker at VIS when I returned home to Vicksburg briefly to teach. We conversed a lot through emails as we both struggled to become pregnant, and sort of lifted each other up. She also has a photographic memory, which has come in handy, she has answered so many questions and given me countless advice, because she remembers everything any doctor or book has ever told her!! She did all she could to lift my spirits during my pregnancy, and I am really grateful to have her as my close friend. Her family has prayed for us, and Mrs. Linda has made countless, adorable things for Avery (Oh how I wish I had her talent and know-how)- they are just great people. Suzanna also sent me this bracelet in the mail, that I wear pretty much every day, the center bead reads "Hope." She said she thought of me when she saw it, and had to get it for me. That bracelet means a lot to me, and so does the hope it signifies. Suz also made it a point to help with my baby shower, and flew in to be there, as well as made a special trip in town for Avery's first birthday. I'm glad I got to go visit her for once, and appreciate all she has done for us. I have several close and wonderful friends, and I am lucky Suzanna is one of them!!










1 comment: