Thursday, June 16, 2011

Avery's First Heart Surgery- 2 Year Anniversary

It's been 2 years today since Avery's aortic coarctation repair through closed heart surgery (with the extended end-to-end procedure) by Dr. Jonas. Since that time, the area has been ballooned in the cath lab once by Dr. Ebeid. It is a bit narrow at the moment, but not enough to go back into the cath lab just yet. We will see Dr. E in July for our cardio check-up with EKG and echo. Prayers that all is still working beautifully with both Avery's valves and aortic arch! Thank you God for all the physicians you have placed in our path to take care of our miracle girl, and for keeping her in your hands day in and day out!

While I had lots of pics from NICU, I didn't get any pictures of Avery in PICU, until she made it to the transition room. Here are a few from that point on. She was so sweet and tiny!




Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;Therefore my heart greatly rejoices,And with my song I will praise Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment