Saturday, June 11, 2011

Avery's 2nd Birthday

I can't believe my sweet girl is now a two year old!! Here are some pics from her big days- her actual birthday on June 9, and her party on June 11!


Avery wore her "Does this shirt make me look 1?" onesie for the last time the night before turning 2. She had a bit of a runny nose, but was otherwise feeling good.


Avery and I met her Daddy for a birthday lunch at Chick-Fil-A (since nuggets are her favorite at the moment).






I love that they have a toddler area for the little kids at Chick-Fil-A in Clinton. Avery really enjoyed it- can't you tell?




When Daddy got home from work, we celebrated Avery's birthday day with mommy-made chocolate cupcakes, mmm!








I got a butterfly and some supplies at Hobby Lobby, and made this little sign for the front of our door.

Avery's birthday party was a "Yo Gabba Gabba" theme- what else? Gabba is her favorite show, and seeing her excitement as I put up all of the decorations made the effort totally worth it!! I printed lots of things from the Nick Jr. website, and made up my own little pillow characters and Foofa/Brobee for the wall.





I found the directions for making these paper flowers (I call them poof balls) online. They were really easy, and made it colorful and fun! I also stuck velcro on Brobee's tummy, and printed out little pieces of food (that I also put velcro on), for "A Party in Brobee's Tummy." I think the kids were too busy running around and playing to notice it, but Avery liked playing with it before and after the party!





I ordered the boombox party favor boxes and Gabba banner from Birthday Express- so cute!

As a tradition, I started a birthday scrapbook for Avery last year. I get everyone to sign a page with her picture at her parties. I'm big on memory books!

The Gabba characters on the back of the shelf are actually a part of one of Avery's gifts. They are bath stickers, and she LOVES playing with them in the tub!


It's not a party with out candy, lol, so I used it to decorate and gave it out in goody bags to everyone.

"Toodee Pops" were made from large marshmallows coated in blue tinted almond bark on lollipop sticks.

"Muno Sticks" were made from pretzel rods dipped in chocolate and coated with red candy disks. I slipped them in little bags and glued a silly eye on each of the packages.

Ms. Judy made this awesome Foofa Cake! Believe me, it tasted even better than it looked! Strawberry- yummy! I got the flower from Hobby Lobby and painted it adding A's pic in the middle (and a green pipe-cleaner around it for the stem), and bought a little Foofa keychain to top the cake.



Some of the other treats were "Plexapples"- pineapple wedges, "Gabba Landwiches"- Newk's chicken salad and pimento cheese which I rolled in tortillas and cut up, and "Brobee Berries"- strawberries and green tinted fruit dip. I even made "Dazzle Berry Lemonade" from pink lemonade concentrate, frozen strawberries (which I pureed), and fresh lemons. It was tart, and really pretty good. We drank out of red cups that had Muno eyes on them.


"Yo Gabba Gabba! Hello friends, it's time to dance!!"


Avery and Mommy
Avery and Daddy
Mr. Dustin and Ian
It's dancey-dance time!
Cooper
Pap, GG, and Ms. Judy
Lydia Grace and Avery
Mrs. Kristi, Lydia Grace, and Mrs. Candy
Trey
Larissa
The Ianator
Grammy and Papaw
GG and Pap
Mommy and Ian
Mommy and Mrs. Lacey
Mommy, Mrs. Kristi, and Mrs. Candy
My name is Avery, and I love to dance!


"Yo, it's almost time to go! Awe! Let's remember what we did today..."

We celebrated the life of one Avery Bell. I couldn't be happier nor more thankful for each and every minute I get to spend with her. I still hold her at night, and just listen to her breathe. To me, that is such a miracle in itself. (And yes, she does STILL sleep with us!)Words cannot express my love for her, or my appreciation for the many, many people- friends and family alike- that pray for us, do for us, and just love on us. Thank you God for the work you have done! Happy Birthday Avery Elizabeth Bell- may you have many, many more, healthy, happy days like today!

No comments:

Post a Comment