Monday, May 2, 2011

Happy Easter 2011



Easter has come and gone again this year, but it was such a wonderful weekend. Of course, Good Friday was filled with baseball- MC played their usual double-header. On Saturday, we visited Grammy and Papaw's house in Braxton for lunch and Avery's first egg hunt. She did a great job, after practicing at home with Mommy and Daddy! Once she found an open egg though, she was so fixated on the candy inside, that she wasn't too worried about more eggs! I know she felt like a big girl running around outside with her cousin, Kali, along with Gaines, Camden, and Kendall.







We came home to make a few things for our Easter lunch in Vicksburg- carrot cake "whoopie" pies and deviled eggs. Then we sat down to dye eggs for the first time. A few got cracked, but Avery had fun tossing them in the dye!







On Easter Sunday, we attended the sunrise service at our church which began at 7 A.M. It was such a cool and calm morning for an outdoor service- a perfect way to start off Resurrection Sunday! Avery looked beautiful (as always) in her baby blue dress- I love the way her eyes shine when she wears blue! We got home to see what Peter Rabbit had left for us. He even ate the carrots Avery left for him- she tested one out to make sure they were ok too.




Afterwards, we traveled to Vicksburg for lunch and an egg hunt with Cooper. Avery was REALLY into hunting eggs that time- the girl was on a mission! When I looked up and saw her holding an egg in each hand, then reaching down and picking up a third without dropping one- I knew she had it in the bag (or basket should I say)! She did have to use my old basket, because I left her new one at home!! The basket became so full that she almost couldn't carry it on her own without spilling the eggs!! Cooper will be more competition next year when he is walking, so I guess we'll have to practice some more before that, lol!





Easter was so much fun this year! More importantly, it reminded me of how much the God I serve loves me, and gives me an unending hope to cling to in knowing He's alive and well!

No comments:

Post a Comment