Friday, June 6, 2014

End of School and Mother's Day 2014


After 7 years, I am moving on from Pearl Upper Elementary. While I may not be there next year, the friends I have made are like family and will stay with me throughout my life. These people have shown me so much kindness, compassion, and generosity, and I love them all so much! We've laughed, cried, and laughed some more. While teaching can be a very trying profession, working with these ladies made my bad days bearable. They are some pretty amazing people, and I am forever grateful for God placing them in my path. I began in Pearl as a special education teacher in the 5th grade, then I taught Reading, Language, and Social Studies in the 5th grade. During that time, I was some how named grade chair (Oh yes, because Mrs. Harrell had a baby, lol), mentored a student teacher from USM, and became "Teacher of the Year for PUE and the Pearl Public School District. Following that I was the grade chair for Language Arts in the 4th grade for two years while I mentored a new teacher to our building and another USM student teacher.  While at PUE, I gave birth to both of my children, went through two heart surgeries and various procedures and appointments with Avery, found out about and fought against my father's cancer, saw my younger brother move across the country, etc., etc., etc., and my school family helped me through it all. I have definitely learned a lot and grown a lot both personally and professionally. I feel blessed to have a been a part of such a wonderful place with even more wonderful people!

The Yellow Hall...






and where it all began...the New Hall!





My last PUE field trip to the Memphis Zoo and Graceland! 








We are officially out for summer! We had a great time eating lunch at El Potrillo and getting pedicures! 






What will I do without seeing this sweet face peaking in my door when she needs something all the time??? I was Kristen's mentor, but she taught me more about teaching and loving kids than I've learned in a while. She reminded me why we do what we do! 



Who knew people would give you gifts for leaving? LOL I thought this was pretty thoughtful for a mommy that doesn't go on dates with her husband much at all! Kristen, Christy, and Amanda gave Jake and I a movie and baby-sitter, so we could get out without the kids for once! Mrs. Condon (a very special and beautiful person) gave me a sweet charm bracelet with a heart and pearl on it that I love! My great friend, Kristi, also gave me a Waxing Poetic butterfly charm that I will forever wear and cherish, and the rest of my sweet school family gave me a very pretty picture frame to add to my collection. 




Happy Mother's Day! 



My most favorite thing in life is being a mom. It is one of the most amazing feelings I have ever experienced. I love my babies (even when they whine, cry, throw fits, and hit me, lol). 







Kids give the best gifts too! 












Jake was out of town for work on Mother's Day, so he stopped by my school and left me a little surprise in the parking lot. He definitely keeps it interesting! I thought it was really sweet and thoughtful once I realized that it was him and not a stalker in a white van waiting to kidnap me in the parking lot! 



No comments:

Post a Comment