Saturday, March 23, 2013

Avery and Bryce Update




Bryce went to his very first baseball game at MC! Miss Kayla gave him a sweet bib and matching shoes and Dakota's mom, Ms. Bodree, gave him a baseball hat, so he was ready to play. Surprisingly, it went really well. Avery didn't run off or try to do anything dangerous (like climb up to the bleachers). I carried Bryce in the sling, so I was able to take her back and forth to the restroom. I was happy that I didn't have to chase Avery around too much, and she was a good girl! If you've ever seen us at a game, you know that I run after her from one end of the field to the others nonstop usually! I guess she is really growing up! 


 Mr. Bryce also attended church for the first time recently. He loved being rocked in the nursery at Crossway (his first service) and at FBB (by Ms. Sylvia who also used to rock his sister). He is such a good baby boy! 


 I cannot believe Bryce is already 2 months old! He is smiling all the time (at most everyone), and winning hearts left and right. He makes sweet cooing noises (along with the usual grunts), and responds excitedly when spoken to. His umbilical hernia and hydrocele look much better, so I am hopeful they are healing on their own. He is eating well too! I tried a little rice cereal in his bottle the other night, but he still woke up 3 hours later!! I am learning to get by with little sleep and  a very busy schedule! He is still an awesome baby who hardly cries. Bryce loves his bath and is so relaxed when I bathe him each night. I think he is teething a bit early (just showing symptoms) because he is rubbing his fist on his gums a lot. He has been a little fussy when doing it at times too. Bryce also seems to enjoy sucking his thumb! While he looks really sweet doing it, I tend to replace it with his paci to avoid a habit forming. He's done really well at daycare so far too. He is taking a bottle while there, and I am able to pump twice a day at work to keep him supplied! Ms. Mandy did say that one of the cute little girls in his class is a little jealous of him! I know Avery enjoys seeing him when she arrives each morning. I take him early, and Jake drops Avery off a bit later. I miss them both so much throughout the day, but I am glad they are both happy and well taken care of while I am at work. 










Uncle Mike and Jener came to town to meet Bryce and visit everyone recently. Avery and Cooper adore their oldest cousin! They followed him everywhere at GG's house. Jener has always had such a loving and sweet spirit. He plays with them and keeps them entertained the entire time he is here. 
Avery will finally allow her Uncle Mike (and Uncle Mitch) to hold her for more than a few seconds now! She thought Uncle Mike was a pretty funny guy. They both loved on Bryce too, but Jener informed me that I didn't need to have any more babies, lol. 









We are overwhelmed with joy that Papaw is back from Houston with a great report! The cancer is no longer in his lymph nodes, and the chemo apparently worked! He did have some edema in the back of his neck, so he will be getting therapy for that. He will return to MD Anderson in May for a PET scan, and we will continue to pray that he is completely healed! Since he's lost over 70 pounds, I notice just how much my oldest brother, Michael, and him look alike! 


 I took this sweet picture of Avery and Cooper having an ice cream party at GG's house. Mr. Robert changed it up a bit, and it is so adorable and true! Avery and Coop had a fun weekend playing at "the bouncy house" and GG and Papaw's! 


Avery is doing much better lately! She seems to be adjusting to having a baby brother around the house. She  has been minding better rather than constantly acting out, and she hasn't had an accident (potty) in over 4 days now! I felt so defeated with her during my maternity leave, but as my mom would say, "This too shall pass," and it seems to be passing, I love being able to reward her and show her how happy she makes me instead of being a constant disciplinarian. Using my "teacher voice" at home isn't much fun! 
Avery has been singing a lot and playing pretend, which I think is really cute. Her speech is getting better and better as well, and she enjoys her time with her therapist, Ms. Angie. For some reason, she always tells me about what color jacket or shirt Ms. Angie wears after school. Avery definitely notices what people wear, and she tries to dress everyone in our house these days! Jake tries to shut her out of the closet because it takes forever to get dressed with her in there! Avery plays in the rocks from the playground daily and makes birthday cakes, lol. When I picked her up from school the other day, she stopped to get rocks out of her shoes and handed them to Miss Candace. The next thing I know, she is taking rock after rock out of her pants and jacket pockets and handing them to her as well! It took so long that Candace finally scooped Avery up, took her outside, and shook her upside down to get them all out! I found it pretty entertaining! The girl makes our life trying and difficult at times, but it's mostly so interesting and fun!  


I won't claim that going back to work has been easy, but I made it through the first week! Trying to keep up with a full-time teaching job, two young kids, and a household while Daddy is busy with baseball season is quite the job, but I think I am doing okay! If I can make it now, it will be a breeze once the season is over and Bryce is sleeping through the night (Oh, when will that day come?)! It felt so good to sleep in this morning and snuggle with my kids when Avery crawled in bed after waking up! I am so very thankful for the abundance of blessings in my life. I have to constantly remind myself to slow down, to notice and enjoy little moments, to take the time to appreciate my children being small....it all goes by so quickly. 


Behold children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Psalm 127:3





1 comment:

  1. Your dad looks great! I'm so glad he's doing well. And looks like he's getting some of his hair back. What a journey it's been! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete