Sunday, April 7, 2013

Happy Easter 2013, Bryce's First!

Wow! Life is so much busier with two kids! We are adjusting, but I have been a bit overwhelmed with my lack of sleep and help (Jake has been busy with baseball). I was so embarrassed when I realized I'd been telling everyone (and posting pictures on FB) that Bryce is 3 months old. In fact, he will only turn 3 months next week! I so desperately want to keep up with everything and make these moments special, and I completely jumped the gun on that one! At least I got some sweet pictures of Bryce and Avery to look back and laugh at my mess-up in the future! On a bright note, Avery has only had one "accident" in the past 2 weeks, and Bryce actually slept through the night last night! I am also getting acclimated with being back at work, and I really enjoyed having this long weekend to spend with my family (and to recuperate from losing my voice and feeling bad). To top everything off, the Choctaws swept this weekend! Pastor Terry reminded us at church Easter Sunday that Jesus gives us freedom from worry (among other things). I needed that reminder. I am so overwhelmed when I think about what Easter, "Resurrection Sunday," really means. Now that I have kids, I understand just a little bit more the kind of sacrifice that was given for me. He took it all, just so I can be free, and freedom is an amazing thing to feel when you mess up as much as we humans do. I don't have to tell God about all the things I did or didn't do when it is my time to go, I just have to tell him that I have a relationship with his son. There is nothing sweeter in life than knowing that truth! 

Happy Easter! 


I wanted to do this with Avery last year, but we never got around to it. I think she understood it a little better this year any way. We made "Resurrection Rolls" from Pinterest, but I told Avery they were "Jesus Rolls" because she wouldn't get the word "Resurrection" at this point. She really had a good time making them, and was surprised to see the marshmallow gone after they were done baking. One day she will understand what that really means,  but this is a good beginning! 






                                      


Avery picked out a Disney Princess egg dye kit this year (go figure). This little girl loves to play with eggs whether they are real or plastic! She loves dying Easter eggs, and she gets a little carried away with it! We only cracked a few this year though. As you can see, she was proud of how they turned out! 





We spent most of the weekend at the baseball field watching Daddy's team, but we stopped by for our church's Easter egg hunt on Saturday morning. I was a nervous wreck trying to keep up with Avery while I pushed Bryce's stroller, but thankfully, I have some good friends who helped me out! Avery went from the bouncy to the slide to the hula hoops, to the _____, to the _______, to the ______! She had a great time! 
Grammy and Kali came by that same evening to bring Avery and Bryce Easter happies too! We didn't make it to Braxton this year because of the game that day. MC usually plays Thursday/Friday, but they didn't this year. Avery had fun playing with Kali for a bit, and she loved her gifts from Grammy and Papaw M. Avery and I also planted jelly beans in the back yard. After all the rain, suckers bloomed! :) 


The Easter Bunny came to visit two kids at our house this year! Bryce has a new puppy friend named Buster (who is about as big as he is), and Avery has a new bunny she named "Bonna." Avery was a little more excited than Bryce this year, but by next year, he will be just as thrilled! 











Daddy isn't too keen on dressing our kids alike, but I figured it would be sweet for B's first Easter. We will just have to color coordinate from here on out! I thought my babies looked really adorable in their cross applique' outfits. While Avery will be able to wear hers for quite some time, Bryce won't be able to wear his in two or three weeks! He is Mommy's big boy!





As usual, we went to Vicksburg for Easter Sunday and attended Crossway (formerly known as Bowmar). Uncle Mitch and the praise team led us in great worship! Bryce came with us, while Avery went to Sunday school. He slept for almost the entire service, so I didn't have to step out with him. After church, we went to GG's and Papaw's for lunch. Avery and Coop played outside before the rain, but we had to hunt eggs inside this year after lunch. I don't think it bothered them too much! They are so funny to listen to these days. They sit and have conversations and tell each other "I love you" all the time. GG and Pap spoiled them with hoppers and bubble machines, and Ms. Judy even sent them a book. Uncle Mitch broke out his guitar for a little dance/jam session, and Avery and Coop ate way too much candy. The only thing missing was Michael, Jener and Megan who were in TX! 





























He isn't here! He is risen from the dead, just as he said would happen. 
Come, see where his body was lying.
Matthew 28:6

No comments:

Post a Comment