Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Bryce Update and Blair E. Batson Radiothon 13




Well, my little man is already 6 weeks old! He is such a chunk! Bryce is eating about every 2 hours. He may go 3-4 once a night sometimes. I am not getting much sleep to say the least! Because I had a section, we started him out in our bed sleeping in the Nap Nanny between us, but now he is sleeping in the bassinet on the side of the bed. I just can't bring myself to put him in his room yet, and I really don't feel like having to go into his room through the night to feed him as often as he wakes up right now! Bryce is still the sweetest baby, and we all adore him! He is following objects (and us), smiling, and doing some cooing. He holds his head up pretty well, but Dr. VN said he is leaning to the right too much. He needs to strengthen his left neck muscle, so we are doing some exercises to help with that. She said if we start now, he shouldn't need any PT at a later age. I guess it has to do with babies having to sleep on their backs now? I wasn't sure why his belly button is protruding, but at his appointment, she said he has a hernia there (his button never completely closed up). Dr. VN says it is pretty common and shouldn't be a problem, so I am hoping nothing comes of it. He also has some fluid in his lower "area" (hydrocele), but she doesn't think that is a hernia. She said it should clear up by age 1. Anything "wrong" is a little nerve racking for me, but I guess if Dr. VN isn't worried, I shouldn't be. From what I've read she is right. Bryce was pretty fussy after getting his shots. I could tell his little legs were sore, and he cried whether I was holding him or he was lying in his seat. The day after went much better, but he is still being a little fussy and eating a bit differently. He weighed in at 11 pounds and 15 ounces! He is in the 90% for weight and 95% for height. His head circumference is in the 50%. Bryce-man is Mommy's big boy! He will start daycare (at Avery's school) in two weeks! I am so sad to get back to work after spending so much time with him, but it has been a blessing. 



Bryce smiling at Daddy and A-A...







Crazy sister...



Just to verify "chunk" status! 







Ready for his 6 week check-up!


Bryce relaxing right before he got his first shots :( 


Bryce sleeping on his GG :) 


In other news....

We went to the Blair E. Batson Radiothon yesterday, and I was able to share our story with 4 different radio stations this year. I was so happy to bring Avery (and Bryce) along this year. Thankfully, Grammy came along, or I wouldn't have been able to do it with both kids! Avery had a blast because there is a new play area in the lobby! She loved it! I tried to get her to sit with me during the interviews, but I should have known that wouldn't work. She did sit with me for a moment for the first one on Y101. I think that is the reason I got choked up while trying to tell about our journey (that and the crazy post-prego hormones). Avery was extremely excited about getting a t-shirt, and she had to put it on over her clothes! She played with one of our favorite NP's, Ms. Alicon, and our sweet surgery coordinator, Ms. Krisi, who came down to visit and pick up heart pillows. The Y101 DJ and Ms. Amanda both had Avery sign her picture in this year's Batson Miracle calendar, so she thought she was really something! She was also in awe of a sweet little red head named Laney who was wearing a tiara. Avery thought she was a real princess (and I agree). She actually wanted to sit and take a picture with her. We also ran into Dr. Carron who was happy to see Avery running and playing (not screaming and crying at the sight of him). I told him she was way better than the last visit he had with her! I hope I am right at the next appointment which is this month, lol!



 From the Batson FB page....This cutie pie is in the lobby right now talking to some DJs who are falling in love with her! Call and donate in Avery's honor to help her and the patients treated all across the state by Batson Children's Hospital. 601-984-5437




Avery and Bryce in the new play area...How will we ever make it to our appointments now?



 Avery hanging out with Ms. Alicon and Ms. Kristi


Honoring Avery, Christopher Pena and many others by wearing "Jeans for Genes"- Rare Diseases Day 


After the Radiothon, Avery dropped our donation from Pearl Upper Elementary in the treasure box, and we headed down to cardiology to take Dr. E a little happy (he loves Cups coffee) and card she'd made for him. We got to see Nurse Regan, but Dr. Ebeid was out of town. It was so sweet of Ms. Joan to send us a picture of the card she made on Dr. E's door waiting for him. He told Nurse Regan that he couldn't wait to get home to see it and to tell us thanks! I love the positive experiences Avery is able to have now at Batson. It literally makes my heart smile to see her that way. That hospital and all of the staff there mean so much to us, and we are grateful to be a part of anything that supports its progress.






No comments:

Post a Comment