Wednesday, July 13, 2011

About the GH...

We begin Avery's Genotropil on July 23rd. Phizer (through their PhizerBridge program) is sending a nurse to get us started. I actually feel a little sorry for her, because she is driving from Memphis! We received the medication via FedEx this week, and have all the needed supplies, so I guess we're ready! Avery is expected (according to a TS growth chart) to reach 5'2" with the daily hormone injections. The needle is very tiny, and hopefully the side effects will be light. Everyone I've spoken with tells me that it becomes routine- no big deal. I'm expecting that to be the case, however, I think it will take mommy a bit longer than Avery to get used to it, lol! I made her a sticker chart (Thanks to Casey Gordon), so we can praise her and let her put stickers on it after each shot. I've also decided to get her little prizes for the first week or two, so she can go in her prize box afterwards (Thanks to Christine Joyce!). We will go in for a check-up with Endocrinology in a few months to monitor everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment