Monday, December 6, 2010

Oh, how time flies...

Christmas 2009:





Avery has grown and changed sooo much in the last year! I love looking back at her pictures, but it makes me sad at the same time! Thankfully, she is in much better shape, health-wise, for the holidays this year. She is so full of life, and we are so very thankful! Last year, I asked my dad to build an Advent tree (found a pic in Pottery Barn), so I could count down the days until Christmas as a tradition with her. There are, of course, 25 days numbered on small doors that open where you can stick small items each day. I decided since Avery is small this year, to just put a little chocolate candy in the compartment each day- did I mention she loves chocolate??? Any way, she's been opening and closing the doors since I put it out, playing with it. On Dec. 1, I snuck a Reese's cup behind door #1 and lead her to open the door. She thoroughly enjoyed the treat as you can imagine. The funny thing is that ever since Dec. 1, she has been going to the Advent tree at almost exactly the same time every day looking for her treat! She opens the door, then begins to point and stamp her foot impatiently saying "uh-uh!" Once we open the door for that day, and she gets her chocolate, she is one happy little woman!
We decided, for 2 reasons, to just do a small, 4ft tree, on the table this year. Reason 1 is that we actually have our house on the market, and didn't want to move the furniture around, etc., and reason 2 is that we have an 18 month old and were scared to death she'd pull the tree over multiple times by the time Christmas rolled around this year! Did I mention Avery is into everything, lol? Any way, her baby-sitter told me that she heard the rustling of paper the other day in her living room, and when she looked up, Avery was completely under her tree on all fours, pushing a gift across the floor trying to get behind the tree. When the sitter said "Avery," the little munchkin looked at her, smiled, sat on her bottom and patted the present like, "I just thought it looked better in this spot, Nell-Nell." I do have to admit that I really miss having the big tree up, but I keep telling myself that I can wait until next year.

A few more Avery-tales...

"Didn't Mommy tell you that it's rude to point?"

Jake was working on his laptop in his recliner for school a week or so ago, when Avery tried (and succeeded a time or two) to tap on the key board. Since he was in the middle of typing, and didn't want her to delete something, he pointed at her and said, "No Ma'am!" Avery retaliated by biting him on the very finger he was pointing in her tiny face! I have to give it to her, Daddy and "no" isn't very believable due to the fact that she doesn't hear the word from him very often. ;)

"My name is Avery, and I like to dance!"
Avery's newest dance moves resemble a pretty cool spin move similar to one dubbed "the helicopter," a swaying motion, spinning in circles, and holding both hands over her head then dropping them down to her feet. At times, she is busting a move so hard, that she literally bust it on the floor, lol!


"They say red-heads have tempers."
Avery has always had a flair for the dramatic, but lately, she has become quite the actress. When she is rather unhappy, she begins her scene by flapping her hands. If you are holding her, she begins to arch her back making it very difficult to hold her. When you put her down, she throws her head back, screaming at the top of her lungs with her eyes closed. She really gets into her part when she lays out on the floor face down. After a little time has passed, she begins to roll all over the floor, and may even crawl across it. She always makes sure to non-chalantly look over at mommy and daddy to be sure we are watching her.





No comments:

Post a Comment