Thursday, June 2, 2016

Summer is Here!

Did I mention this almost seven year old loves sneaking into my make-up lately? I thought she had a black eye (or eyes rather) at first! HOT MESS. 


Avery had a biopsy scheduled for when school got out due to testing positive for Celiac's Disease. I was not looking forward to the results because we already knew it was highly likely she has it. It's just one of those aggravating things that I'd rather her not go through when she's already faced (and facing) so much already. She's so small that I've always pretty much just let her eat- all the time! Now, her choices will definitely be limited. Since she had no villi, the doctor did say that being on this diet should help her growth because she will absorb way better as she heals. Thankfully, gluten free options are more widespread and available these days too. We'll make the best of it. Since she hasn't expressed any pain, I'm hoping she can enjoy a gluten filled pleasure occasionally. We meet with the dietician this week! 





Avery lost her other front (top) tooth! The kid is good at pulling them on her own! She's taken care of the last 3!! The Tooth Fairy left her a $5 check. Hey, don't judge, lol. It was late, and ain't nobody got cash these days! 



After chilling at home the first week of summer break, I told the kids we could head to the Spash Pad at MCM and check out the Thomas exhibit. They had a great time! We stopped at Sno-Biz afterwards to let Avery spend her money from the Tooth Fairy. 



















Bryce and Avery have been practicing hitting pitches with Daddy. Since he wasn't home, they just pitched to one another. Bryce actually hit one of Avery's! 

 



Avery's 2nd Dance Recital: "Studio Sole Dance Awards", Mini-Movers Jazz and Tap

Avery was sick for her dance costume pics, so I had to do some at home. After a gazillion fake smile, squinty-eyed, weird mouthed shots, I got a few good ones! She is beautiful if I do say so myself. 

Jazz


Tap




Rehearsal: It is so funny how very excited Avery gets on stage. Her whole body tenses up, and she leans over and pretty much shivers with excitement as she's doing her dances! The girl is full of pure joy and loves every second of the spotlight! 











Recital: Believe me, I get much joy out of watching Avery do things in life, but seeing so many others get joy from it too- that's priceless. Over and over again at the recital, we heard "She stole the show!", "She has a future in performing- such stage presence!", "She was so much fun to watch!" It really blew me away to hear random people that we didn't know say such things about Avery. She just exudes joy and it is really a contagious thing. My former principal, Mrs. Ishee, who was there watching her granddaughter, had tears in her eyes as she told me, "I'm not worried about her any more." She was my boss through my pregnancy, Avery's birth, and many of her surgeries and procedures. She knows just how far she's come. I told Avery that everyone loved watching her and that she is a star. I meant it...I do believe she is one. She shines, and mommy isn't the only one who sees it. If her only purpose is to encourage the faith of others and bring joy to this (on many days) dark world, then that's a pretty cool purpose. 
Avery, you were born to sparkle, and you do it so well! Great job! 





By the way, we're over the fear of face paint. To top it off, she didn't need me a bit back stage. The girl is growing up. 











No comments:

Post a Comment