Friday, March 25, 2016

Feeling Spring(y)...


Before the downpours, I decided we needed a fun day. I ventured out on my own praying the kids would be good for me! Of course, I also threatened that we wouldn't do the next fun thing if they acted up. They were so good for me, and we had a great time together! Our first stop was the Children's Museum. We finally went to Fondren to eat at Rooster's for lunch, and it was delicious! Afterwards, we stopped in at Deep South Pops for dessert. Then, we headed to Riverside Park, but I quickly realized that Daddy's game started at 2 rather than 4! The park was short lived, but Bryce needed a nap any way. We went to MC and watched the first few innings in the car for B to sleep. Sadly, our Chocs lost; however, Daddy didn't let that stop a few hitting lessons with the kids. Of course, Bryce and Avery loved that. 



























We never go on vacation for Spring Break. We are a baseball family after all! Before the torrential rains attacked our area, we spent some amazing family time outside in the beautiful weather. Mitchell and the fam came in for a wedding, so we spent the weekend at G's playing with Josie Claire and Cooper. We also visited Triumph Church because Mitch helped with the worship Sunday, and G had an egg hunt for the kids and gave them cute baskets filled with goodies that afternoon.













PLE celebrated Read Across America Day, and on Friday, kids could dress up as a book character. While I had my mind on Cindy-Loo-Hoo, Avery chose Pinkalicious. She looked adorable and had a blast twirling around school! She was also excited to share her Cat in the Hat movie with her class that day, and Mommy sent some "truffula treets" to her class.





























On Thursday, Avery was asked to do a photo shoot for a Batson ad in Scout Guide of Jackson. While it was hard getting there due to the weather, Avery was SO thrilled to do it! We look forward to seeing the issue! 









On St. Paddy's Day, the kids were able to wear green to school. I wasn't very prepared, but her outfit had green in it, so it worked! 



Dairy Queen gave out free ice cream cones and (as always) accepted donations to the Children's Miracle Network, so we stopped by made a donation and enjoyed some sweet treats. 





Avery went to the dentist for the FIRST time ever! I know. She's 6, and it was long overdue. Keep in mind this is the child that we had to hold down just to brush her teeth each night, and the screaming attacks of panic she always had during doctor's visits made me think twice about trying the dentist. The last year has been so very different though, and after seeing the dental team visit her school and learning about teeth in Kindergarten, she was actually excited to go! I, on the other hand, was terrified of the amount of cavities they would tell me she had. To my surprise, she didn't have ANY! She felt so big sitting in that chair and seeing all the "cool" stuff they used on her tiny mouth. Avery does grind her teeth and has an overbite, but it is not an issue at this point. Her 6 year molars are in as well.


I always look forward to the azaleas blooming at my parents' house. I also find comfort in my daddy's recliner that is still right where he left it. As you can see, Bryce enjoys it too. I miss my dad. Easter Sunday will mark the one year anniversary of his death.




No comments:

Post a Comment