Sunday, November 9, 2014

Ending the Summer...

 I have failed  to keep up with my blog for several months, so I am adding some photos and notes from the summer today! We really did have a great time this summer, and it went by entirely too fast!

Sweet Babies...





Lunch with First Lady of Mississippi, Mrs. Deborah Bryant at Blair E. Batson...

We had a wonderful lunch with Mrs. Bryant, some of her staff, Avery's cardiologist, Dr. Ebeid, and several others. Avery thoroughly enjoyed eating a cupcake, playing with another sweet redhead, and looking at her new book from Mrs. Bryant! It was great to share our story, spend time at the hospital without having an appointment, and seeing another side of things there. We were excited to hear news of all the things planned for Batson, and we will be forever thankful to that place for all it has done, does now, and will continue to do for our family. Avery even made some new friends that are in long-term care and loved on her favorite cardiologist a bit. She didn't like going into the cath lab or PICU so much during our tour, lol! 
















I got to get away a few times for dinner with friends! I love my girls from PUE! I really miss them since I am at a new school this year, so it is great to catch up over a meal every now and then!


I'd been wanting a piece from Hands in Clay for some time now, so I finally set up an appointment and took Avery and Bryce for imprints. The angel turned out beautiful! 



Avery had her Endo check-up with Dr. Dixit. She is still growing well on the hormones, and all of her thyroid levels, etc. are normal, so we are happy about that! 




Daddy had a birthday, so we went to dinner with Papaw M., Grammy and Kali!




We had some more fun at the bouncy house! Avery plays so hard that she is pretty much asking to go home after an hour or so!






While I wasn't sure how it would turn out, Avery was asked to represent Batson in the Miss Mississippi Parade and Pageant this year. She had her moments, but it turned out great! Avery had a lot of fun riding in the fire truck and waving to everyone. She loved seeing (princess) Miss Mississippi, Chelsea Rick, too! While she freaked out before going on stage during the actual pageant, she let Chelsea hold her, and Miss America gave her a pen to hold for courage. I guess that calmed her nerves, and she went out on Miss Mississippi's hip! She even said, "Thank you" in the mic. Avery makes me so proud! People don't realize what we have to go through to get to points like that. It was all an experience she still talks about! 























Both of my brothers were able to come in at the end of the summer for a visit. We had some good family time, and Dad made sure we stayed full! I really loved spending time with our newest addition, Josie Claire! We are looking forward to seeing them all again at Christmas. 



































No comments:

Post a Comment