Monday, February 6, 2012

Listen for the whispers...

Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- his good, pleasing and perfect will. 


I've always had so much trouble discerning in my mind what exactly is from God and what is from my own personal thoughts and wishes. I think it is something that many struggle with in life. I've really worked hard to listen for God's whispers the past few years, and I have noticed that through prayer and being still before the Lord, he has revealed himself more clearly in my life. I had an amazing moment today. It was a moment I knew I had to share for my children to read one day. I have written before about how the Cross Healed Hearts blog came about...I promised myself and God that I would share Avery's story and the many miracles of God's hand on our lives during my pregnancy. I wasn't quite sure how everything would come to fruition, but one summer night after Avery's first birthday, I feel that God gave me a thought. I spent the next several days working on a little blog even though I had no idea how to even do it at first! I figured things out and Cross Healed Hearts came to be. Afterwards, of course, came the hospital ministry, etc., but it all came to be because I listened and then I acted. I admit I haven't always done that before- acted. God took care of the what?, how?, when?, and where?. He did it all, and he did it all for his own purpose not my own. Since that point, my life has been blessed continuously through the many mothers and families I have met. I am always in awe of the amazing things God does, and the crazy ways he brings us all together. All you can say is. "it's a God thing." I say all of this to get to what happened to me today. 
I received a donation online the other day from someone who had never contacted me before. There wasn't a note, just an instant email notifying me of the donation. I sent a little thank you email, and asked what brought the lady to my blog. To my amazement, she emailed me back today. I won't share all of the details of her story without her permission, but she is pregnant with her first child. She recently found out that her child has a cystic hygroma like Avery had. They were offered termination at the appointment as the geneticist and other medical staff sat awaiting their answer. When she asked if the hygroma could resolve they were told the following: 


She told us that it is possible that the hygroma would resolve - it does happen - but the chances are so slim.  Additionally, even if it did resolve - the cystic hygroma is indicative of such serious abnormalities, the baby still wouldn't likely survive.  She then proceeded to say "This is why many women simply terminate.  Of course, there are a few who would prefer to let nature handle the miscarriage or who believe in God or whatever to take care of things."


Thankfully, this poor mother and her husband wouldn't choose termination; however, all hope had to quickly drain away with those words. She then went on to say this...



"Although I don't know what happens next on our journey, I'm taking everything day-by-day and just praying with all of my might for the life of our baby.  Having found Cross Healed Hearts, this is a lot easier to for me to do.  I was reminded by the site of the power of prayer, hope and faith, and that miracles do happen - hope that I desperately needed.  I was also reminded by the site that should we lose our baby, he or she will be welcomed into the most perfect place and fully embraced by the most perfect love that God can give.  And, though we will hurt here without our baby, our child will be blessed."
" I can't begin to explain how blessed I am by every story of survival...and struggle, and how moved I am by what everyone has shared on this site.  It's such a gift to be able to feel joy and gratitude for the children that have made it and are continuing to thrive and fight every day.  I don't have to fear bitterness or envy taking over me...as I was afraid might happen.  Instead, I have been reminded of the everyday miracles that do occur, the grace of God, the power of faith and the strength that comes through believing."

I just want to praise God for what he has done and will continue to do. For all of those who have shared your story- this is why it is so very important! God uses us and these stories to show his incredible power and love. They give peace that can only be found in him to others. 


I can't help but wonder about times I've missed hearing and acting on God'e whispers. It is something I hope I continually get better at and strive to do. We don't always get to see lives that we possibly touch, but God sees them and knows them all. He has the greater plan in mind, and it continues to surpass our understanding. Trusting, listening and acting is vital in fulfilling the purpose he's set forth for us. 













1 comment:

  1. Thank you Megan for that reminder of God's faithfulness and grace! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete