Sunday, December 4, 2011

Merry Christmas!

My Sweet Girl 
Avery and her festive outfits! What am I going to do when she won't let me decide what she wears any more?? Well, I better enjoy it while I can (and I do). She has another adorable Santa outfit, but I am saving it for Christmas cards! 
 She can still wear last year's dress. 

Avery's Holiday Art 
My most favorite thing aside from Avery's pictures- her sweet artwork! We made the tree and lights at home, and Avery made the rest in Sunday School and at our Parent's Night Out at church. I will always treasure things like this! 





 Nick's Trees Winter Wonderland Preview for Batson Patients
Blair E. Batson patients were invited to a preview of their "Wonderland" which is a great fundraiser (along with Christmas tree sales) for the hospital. Avery loved running around, jumping in the bouncy (although briefly because it was wet due to rain the previous day), and riding the merry go round, dragon, and the train! The train was definitely her favorite- we rode it twice! The only thing she didn't enjoy was seeing Santa- see reaction below. 




 Her reaction to Santa...


 Our Christmas Tree
Grammy actually gave us a huge tree for this year! I didn't know if I'd ever finish decorating it, but it turned out really pretty and traditional. 
Avery's Christmas Tree
I love putting up a little tree in A-A's room! Hey GG, why didn't I have one of these growing up?? I'm thinking she needs a bigger one next year! She's got too many ornaments for this one! 

Avery's Favorite Window
She has really enjoyed playing with the window clings. I did realize, however, that the gel clings aren't such a great idea for toddlers. When I was gone to the store, Jake had to pull them out of her hair! They had somehow gotten tangled in it! Needless to say, those landed in the garbage. 


We also took photos in Avery's new Christmas outfit for our cards. It was quite an experience at the beginning! Avery was completely terrified of Santa. I've never seen her act that insane! She continuously screamed and was clinging to me as if she'd seen a ghost. It took Santa leaving and some time to re-adjust for us to get some great pictures!! I'll share those later! She ended up having a great time with her friend, Sophie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment