Wednesday, November 17, 2010

An excerpt from: One Thing You Can't Do In Heaven by Mark Cahill

"The church is filled with hyprocrites."
I was talking with a yuppie in the mall one day who had no faith in God, but said his parents were committed believers in Jesus. He blamed all of the hypocrites for keeping him away from church. I asked him, " If I walked up to you drinking a beer and smoking a joint, and shared Jesus with you, what would you think?"
"You would be just another freak in the world."
"You are exactly right," I said, " That makes me 100-percent wrong, but that doesn't make God wrong at all." I was trying to help him make the distinction between the actions of followers (or supposed followers) and God's character. I continued, " There are hypocrites in the mall, and it didn't stop you from coming to the mall. There will be hypocrites in the restaurant tonight when you and your girlfriend go out to eat, and it won't stop you from going there. So why in the world would you let hypocrites stop you from finding out about the one true God who loves you unconditionally and wants to forgive all of your sins?"
He liked the answer so much that when his girlfriend walked up, he had me repeat the entire answer for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment