Sunday, November 21, 2010

Avery's Dedication







Today was Avery's Dedication at church which was a very special day for Jake and me. Before she was born, I knew that she belonged to God, but I hoped He'd allow me to just be her mom...even if it was just for a little while. Being able to stand before our church, and make our commitment to raise Avery in a Christian home, just made things official. Being a parent is already hard, and she is just 1! There is no way I could do it without God's help. It's such a huge and scary responsiblity to raise a child, especially with all the world has to offer. I just hope the things I do to make the biggest impact are the right things. Even though there are many thoughts that trouble my heart when I think of the future, I am so excited to tell Avery about all that God has done for her. I wonder if she will ever be able to wrap her brain around it because it still blows me away. My mom and dad came over for the service which was nice. Mitch and Jake's mom and step-dad have other ministry obligations, so they were understandably unable to attend. I was worried, because Avery has a yucky cold, and even threw up last night because of all the drainage, etc.!! She did great when we got on stage, and didn't begin to fuss until the prayer! That is when she decided she wanted down. I think she was distracted at first by the lights and all the people staring at us! Any way, she got a special pink bible with her name on it, a certificate, and a neat letter from Brother Scott and Mrs. Christi to read when she accepts Jesus one day. Just another precious moment to add to our collection, and another reason to feel blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment