Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I wish I knew....

Poor Avery, she is having loose stools again. She had them for almost a full week about a week and a half ago, and her little bottom was terrible with diaper burn. I assumed that she had the virus that has been going around. She had her 15 month shots on a Thursday, and the BMs started on Friday. She ran some fever, but that is normal for the shots. Since she was still fussy and doing it on Monday, I called and our sweet nurse told me to put her on clear liquids for 12 hours and bland diet for 12 hours. She also gave me a great cream recipe for my poor baby's bottom (see below). The cream helped, and Avery did a little better with the loose stools, but they really continued until Friday. Any way, she began having them again last night, and had several today, so I called back. They told me to pick up Lactinex, and take a stool sample for them to drop off in the morning. Oh my, this should be fun. My child HATES having her diaper changed, throws a fit even if she is just wet. Now, I am supposed to wrap her bottom in Saran Wrap as not to let the urine contaminate the BM. You should have seen the first time I tried that...I am sure you can picture it and make a good laugh out of it, go ahead, I really don't mind! So, first time was a charm, I wrapped her, and she had a BM shortly after. However, getting the Saran Wrap off of her, they way my child kicks and squirms when changing her diaper...let's just say, NOT EASY! I don't know if it is contaminated or not, so I am going to take a few to be sure. Seriously, she looks like she is doing a head stand when I change her diaper because she arches her back and twists and turns in such a way, she ends up on her head with me holding her feet up! She is going to be a gymnast I tell you!! I guess we will see in a few days if there is something going on when the lab results return. I worry about her doing that, because it is so important for her to gain weight and eat well. Other than that, Avery has begun to have these "night terrors" again. I say again, because she did this when she was about 3-4 months, and it is crazy. She just starts screaming in the middle of the night, and you cannot wake her up or soothe her. No bottle, no rocking, no walking, nothing helps. We try to wake her and talk to her (which I have read is not the answer, but what do you do between 1-3 a.m.??) She gets really worked up as she cries- so upsetting. She just screams until she finally wakes up or she just stops randomly. I just hate NOT knowing what is wrong, and NOT knowing how to make it better. There is no telling what goes through that poor baby's mind when she goes to sleep at night with some of the traumatic experiences she has had. Say a prayer for her if you will, thankfully, God takes care of us every time, and I know it will be better soon. I'm just trying to keep myself from worrying now.
Love,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment