Tuesday, September 14, 2010

God Listens

If you ever think God doesn't care about every little thing in your life and heart- think again. I used to think it silly to bother God with the little things, but as I've grown in my faith, he's revealed the opposite to be true. All of the little things can add up to something really big when we let them. The good thing is if God knows every hair on our head, and the inner most part of our being, he cares about all of those little things indeed. I've been sort of down lately...just feeling a bit overwhelmed with life in general, and overcome with anxiety about all sorts of things. For various reasons, this has been the case, but it is the case none the less. I realized the other night, that I hadn't been praying as much, and may be that was my biggest problem. I also thought about how, when I did pray, I'd strictly prayed for others and not myself. I then began to ask God to take on all of the things that were making my everyday life stressful, and to let me feel his strength, his comfort...that he would give me the kind of peace he has given me before, once again. Amazingly, God came through, as he always does. He is constant and true at all times, and he loves me...what an incredible hope to hold on to. I start to feel guilty because there are so many people I want to pray for and so many situations to remember...then there is my regular family and friend requests, etc. It can be hard to know how to pray and what to say at times. I'm still learning, but God is helping me. Since that point, even with little sleep as Avery has been sick, I have felt renewed in spirit. It's as if he is filtering the way things go through my mind as not to cause worry and anxiety. He's letting me know that "every little thing is gonna be alright" as Bob Marley said. It's funny how he gives you these feelings and thoughts to strengthen you, and he also makes things happen to let you know that he is there and in control. One thing I'd been worried about was this whole CHH thing...just wondering what to do, where to do it, how to do it, and if it would even make a difference. In a day's time, Kathy Means contacted me with the shirt design she'd been working on, and our hospital social worker called to tell me of the needs she would like us to help out with. Do you see how he can speak to you? He was telling me that this was something he set out for me to do, and that it did matter, that I matter. I just feel revitalized now. Even if one person feels prayed for and special through this process, and especially if one person is able to feel the connection to God that I am able to feel, it will be totally worthwhile!
By the way, please see the CHH blog for new posts, as well as the new t-shirt design and Sharpie donation drive for Batson!
Love,
Meg

1 comment:

  1. Hey Meghan,
    You wonder if cross healed hearts makes a difference. It has been a source of encouragement for me. Your posts from Colleen and others have really helped me. I also have so appreciated that Isabella is posted for others to pray for. You know how much that means. I take comfort that others are lifting her up to God. I check your blog regularly.
    Keep up the good work.
    New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.Galatians 6:9
    The enemy would like for us to lose heart and tells us that we do not matter.
    Your work matters.
    Love,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete