Saturday, August 6, 2016

Back to School, 2016

Avery is now a certified "firstie" and Bryce has moved on to Pre-K3 at Hinds. They both have awesome teachers, and I can tell they're already learning so much! We are looking forward to a great year!

Meet the Teacher...


Avery and Mrs. Johnson...



Setting Sail on a Learning Adventure...


Belated Birthday Dinner Date at Amerigo's...


Avery's 1st Family Project: All About Me



The First Day of 1st Grade...






PLE Staff Kiddos: Avery, Abigale, and Emmalyn


Bryce is in Pre-K3!

He's learning his letters....

And sign  language!


Pirate Pride! 

First Friday as a firstie...


Silly Avery and Carter...

They're in the same class this year!

First Day of Gymnastics at Courthouse...


Avery and Emmalyn...









Avery did really well on her first tests in 1st grade! It will definitely get harder, but she's working hard at school and home. We've got some work to do with reading fluency and comprehension! I'm hoping her hearing aids will help some too. 


The Rebelthon team had a Back to School party for the kids at MS Children's Museum. Avery and Bryce love them and had a blast! They danced, sang (Avery very loudly sang "Let it Go" on the mic), ate pizza (well Avery had a baked potato) and ice cream, and pulled those college kids all over the museum to play. Avery's friend, Katie, is just as sweet as she can be and is in school to become a teacher. I'm in awe of this group of Rebels that organize something so amazing and raise such a great amount of money for Batson. They have so much fun with the kids too.  If they can do all if this in college, it will be incredible to see what they do later in life! It's a wonderful thing to be a part of!













The day after the Rebelthon party, Avery woke up really early. I thought she was just tired, but when I picked her up from Sunday School, she looked awful. It turns out, she had fever. She ended up on an antibiotic and missed two days of school. 



Avery finally got over her fear of going to the salon! She was excited to let Mommy's friend, Ms. Laura, cut her hair. 


Bryce has different themes in his class each week. He enjoyed learning about pets and sharing about his dog, Cocoa, with his class.



Avery is all about some make-up. She wanted lip gloss as her "happy" for doing well with all her work. Then, she took selfies that I found later on my phone, lol! 



Bryce blows my mind with his vocabulary, and most of the time, he keeps us in stitches laughing at him! Here are some of his latest "Bryce-isms"...

Mommy, you are beautiful, and I like you. 

Daddy is stinky, so I don't like him.

I'm a great kid, Mommy. 

Check this out! 

That is ridiculous!

Do you see that logo? 

What the heck?

Have you lost your mind? 

Oh, I didn't expect that!

Sorry bout that. 

I missed you when you were at school, Mommy. 

If I go to Heaven, can I come back? 

I miss Papaw. Since he's all better in heaven, can he come back now? 

When I get sick and go to heaven, are you gonna miss me, Mommy? (That one freaked me out a bit)


 
The school year is off to a great start! I'm praying that the hearing aids Avery will be getting soon will help her to focus and improve her reading. We are working hard on phonics and fluency at home. Avery gets really aggravated when things aren't easy! My goal is to have her reading on level by the end of the year. I know she can do it! It's already September, so Miss Milly will be here before we know it! Bryce has been sleeping in his bed through the night without crying, so that is huge! Avery is still having some sleeping issues, but I'm trying to address it with her endocrinologist. I'm praying things continue to go well and that the kids stay away from illnesses to keep us from missing school!  

No comments:

Post a Comment