Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Bryce Allen Bell


Introducing Bryce Allen Bell
January 16, 2013
8:30 A.M.
8 pounds and 19.5 inches






My baby boy is here and I am completely enamored with him! I had a lot of trouble sleeping the night before his birth due to the excitement (and fear) of everything. We got up bright and early to make it to the hospital by 5:30 A.M., and everything went completely as planned this time around. I anticipated pain with everything from the IV to the catheter to the epidural; however, once it all happened, I realized it wasn't so bad after all. I was the second surgery scheduled, and they began to roll me back to the OR around 8:00 A.M. I asked Dr. Kimmel who was assisting, and to my surprise, she said it was Dr. Tucker. I was so thankful to have the two doctors who helped me through so much with Avery (and delivered her) deliver my little man. Well, my little man turned out to be quite the big man! Dr. Kimmel said, "He's definitely not little!" She held him up over the sheet for me to see him, and the first thing I commented on was how big he was and how he looked just like his daddy! After that (of course) I began to cry tears of joy and relief. I could hear him crying loudly as they checked over everything and cleaned him up, and I heard them say Bryce was exactly 8 pounds and 19.5 inches! He was beautiful and healthy! Praise God!Another joyful moment was looking up at a television screen to see my #1 girl, Avery waving at me from out in the hall. She was so excited to meet her brother, but not so happy to see her daddy in scrubs! Jake had to shed those pretty quickly. I remember small moments while in recovery, and the best one was when I was able to hold and nurse Bryce for the first time.


Ready to meet Bryce....


Here he is....




Avery was so excited!









Avery spent some time at Grammy's, and Jake and I were able to bond with our sweet boy while in the hospital. The day after Bryce was born it snowed it good bit, but it was gone by lunch time. He is just the sweetest and cutest little guy I've ever seen. He has 3 dimples and lots of brown hair (that I am curious to see if it changes or not). He is a little noisy baby with all of his grunts and animal-like sounds- it really makes us laugh. Just like his sister, he keeps both hands by his face the majority of the time. So far, he sleeps and eats really well, and he hardly cries unless I am changing him or giving him a bath (and he doesn't always do it then). He is such an angel, and I hope he stays this way!


 
Hospital Visitors...Mrs. Scutch, Mrs. Kristi, and Mr. J.L. and the men's group from church also stopped by to see us. 





Ready to go home...

Avery has been quite the handful since we've been home, but she loves and enjoys her new little brother. She keeps saying, "Bryce, what are you doing at our house?" She talks to him and rubs the back of his head. She actually gave him a Hershey's kiss and another one of her coveted snacks in the hospital, so I knew she must love him! She has confiscated some of his new stuffed animals, but I told her Bryce doesn't mind sharing, lol. Other than that, she has really been a Daddy's girl and has given Mommy a pretty hard time. She knows I can't pick her up, so she has taken full advantage of behaving badly. She told Jake (as he held Bryce) that I was Bryce's Mommy and he was Avery's Daddy! Thankfully, it is getting better by the day as I progressively recover and feel more like myself. I understand what a change this is for Avery and it will just take her some time to get used to things. In the meantime, I will just cry and do my best to handle it! Jake has been phenomenal in helping and taking care of everything (especially Avery) throughout this whole process. I feel so lucky to be with someone like him!









Bryce finally got to meet his GG and Papaw upon their return from Houston. It was such a relief for me to see my mom and dad home and watch them hold their new grandson.




Bryce's first pediatrician appointment went perfectly. He weighed 8 lbs and 11 oz, which means he gained about a pound since leaving the hospital. He looks great! Everyone at RCG was excited to meet Avery's little brother. 


Bryce's first "Tummy Time"...




Daddy's little man....



I love my new family of four and feel so blessed beyond measure to have two beautiful children and an awesome husband to share my life with. Thank you God for this amazing gift- my son! Someone told me that a boy would steal my heart and he surely has!




No comments:

Post a Comment