Sunday, September 23, 2012

It's a Boy! Gender Reveal at PUE

As you can see, it's a boy! Jake and I are so excited to have a little boy join our family. I have high hopes of being a baseball mom in my near future, ha ha! Truthfully, we were excited about learning the gender of our precious baby #2; however, we were more relieved and thankful to see that he looks perfectly normal so far in this pregnancy! The sense of relief I saw on my husband's face when Jan told us everything looked perfect made me feel so good inside. I cried (as usual). There had been a lot of anxiety and fear leading up to that appointment because it was the very appointment we found out about all of Avery's problems when I was carrying her. Thankfully, that burden was lifted very quickly- praise God! 

Bryce Allen Bell is due in mid-January! 

He'd like to say hello to everyone! 

Some friends at work thought a gender reveal would be something fun to do! I really wanted to do one of these, but with Dad and Mom in Houston, it just wasn't something wanted to do without them. I, of course, knew we were having a boy, but it was a lot of fun keeping it from my friends for the day! Since my buddy, Mr. Cook, and his wife, Jessica, also found out their baby's gender earlier in the week, it worked out great for us to do this together after school. Mrs. Sims, our wonderful friend, went out of her way to make it something sweet and special. She set everything up! Mrs. Prejean, a very talented baker, made us an adorable cake to make it an even sweeter time! I truly appreciate both of them for being so generous and kind! By the way, the tally was on target! Most people picked for me to have a boy and for him to have a girl! 


























Of course, I gave my girl balloon to my baby girl! 

Mmm, blue cake! If she only knew what this really means! I know Avery will be an awesome big sister, and just like me, she will be sure to let her little brother know all the things he should and shouldn't do!


I have to admit, I work with some pretty great people. It's a wonderful thing to walk into your place of work on a daily basis knowing that so many people love and care about you. I remember a prayer group was formed by my co-workers during my pregnancy with Avery- how amazing is that? These people raised money for us to get to New York, donated their own personal sick days to enable my leave, and prayed for us without ceasing. Since those days, we still receive prayers and every one contributes to my little Cross Healed ministry during heart month in February. I can't even tell you all the ways that my friends at school have shown me that they genuinely care, and I am so thankful for each of them! 

Thank Heaven for little boys (and girls of course)! 


2 comments: