Tuesday, July 3, 2012

10 Weeks and Counting!


I admit I've been a little anxious about my appointment today in the weeks leading up to it. I've mostly felt like everything will be okay, but after going through what we did the last time, there is a little feeling of fear that creeps in from time to time. As far as today is concerned, Baby B looks perfect! I saw him or her (which is it? it's making me crazy!) moving all around and waving its sweet hands. Its heart rate was 167 and sounded like music to my ears! There was no thickening in the neck area either. Jan had looked over Avery's scans from the same point before we came in, and she said she could see the thickening already on hers. I am so happy we ran into her at our last appointment, and she told us we could request her! We brought Avery (which is always a challenge in a doctor's office) to see her today. She gave Avery a picture of her little baby brother or sister (?), and Avery gave her a hug. I could tell she is still in amazement that Avery is here and doing so well. Jan was just as excited as we were to see this baby is right on schedule and looking good. I haven't gained any weight since my last appointment (which I am not upset about, lol), and I have been feeling much better the past several days. Everything has been a little different as far as the normal pregnancy stuff goes. I have felt much worse than I did with Avery, so I am glad to be seeing the end of my first trimester in the next few weeks! I go back July 31st for a check-up, and should have my next sonogram to determine the sex (yeah!) at the end of August. I told Dr. Kimmel that I would feel much for relief after that sonogram if everything still looks perfect! That was the big appointment where we found Avery's cystic hygroma and the beginnings of all her medical problems. No matter what, I know God is in control and He has us in His hands. He will never give me anything that He won't help me handle. I can't stop praising Him for that! 

Avery Loo-Hoo has several appointments coming up next week! We will see Dr. E for cardio on Monday, Dr. Dixit for endo on Tuesday, and Dr. Mungan for eyes on Friday. I am sure she will end the week with a treat because it's going to be a rough one for her! They are just check-ups, but even entering the hospital doors is still a feat for her. We are hoping for her heart to be working beautifully (and may be losing our last medication if we are lucky), for positive results from her growth hormone treatment and stable thyroid levels, and as always, a clear eye exam! I will post an update after we know all the results! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment