Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It's Fall Ya'll!


I love the fall! It's so nice to go outside without breaking a sweat!! We've been going on walks, and had a fun day at the park recently. Avery is always full speed ahead when she is outside. She just loves running, walking, and playing (most of all walking). GG made her a cute little Halloween top, so I decided to take a few pics before we went on a walk one afternoon after 'school.'

I was so excited to return to Nichols Boyd Pumpkin Patch this year. Avery liked it last time, but I knew she'd be much more into to it this year. We went earlier in the day, and the weather was perfect for a hayride. It was such a beautiful day to be outside. Avery looked at the animals and imitated the animal sounds- she really had a good time. We found 3 nice pumpkins, took some great pics, and Avery loved swinging and running around the field! We ate lunch at Five Guys afterwards, and I had to keep messing with Avery in the car to keep her from crashing before we stopped to eat! She was exhausted, but perked back up to eat some burger and fries! We DID crash for a little while once we returned home, and painted our pumpkins that afternoon. My little artist did a great job, don't you think?

This past week was a week of Infant Loss Awareness, so on Saturday night, we lit candles in memory of some special little babies who are now angels in Heaven- Brooklyn, Evelyn, Emily, Sadie, and Molly, who all passed from pre-natal and post-natal complications, some including heart defects and Turner Syndrome. I held Avery as I lit each candle, and she so sweetly did her best to repeat their names after me. Then, we held hands as a family and prayed for each family, and all of the families that have lost children. I also praised God for blessing me with Avery and for her good health- we are so grateful for her.
There is just something about the fall. While I love baseball season and all of its excitement, I get excited about the time we are able to spend as a family during this time of year. Having a child brings a whole new meaning to the holiday season, and I look forward to it more and more each year!

No comments:

Post a Comment