Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day/ My Birthday 2010








Well, my birthday normally falls very close to Father's Day, and this year, it was actually on Father's Day! I have a great dad who has been through a lot this year, so spending the day with him meant a lot to me. Dad, thankfully, just finished radiation treatments for skin cancer. They actually found the cancer attached to a muscle in his neck the day we were traveling home from New York. So, in other words, I found out that dad had cancer the day we came home from Avery's heart surgery. What a month, huh? The awesome news is, the cancer was contained to that area, and they were able to surgically remove it, and the radiation was to prevent it from returning, which I hope and pray it never does. That seems like such a crazy month, but it was filled with tons of answered prayers and blessings! God has been so gracious and good to my family, especially lately!
As far as fathers go, let me also say a word about my husband, Jake. I always figured he would be a good dad, but I didn't realize what an awesome dad he'd actually be in reality. He spends so much quality time with Avery, and she just makes his eyes light up when he sees her. It's a beautiful thing to witness, and I am so glad to have a husband who is able to communicate with both my daughter and me emotionally. I know that Jake understands how important a father is in a daughter's life, and he will always fill that need for her. That is what I appreciate the most about him- he loves unselfishly. What a wonderful thing! May God Bless good da-das!
Happy Father's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment