Sunday, November 13, 2011

God is Great...

God is great,
God is good,
Let us thank Him
For our food,
Ma-Men!

Before our meals, we've taught Avery to hold our hands and say the blessing. I remember my heart skipping a beat the first time she reached out to grab our hands, reminding us it was time to pray! She smiles so big, and now she expects to pray before each meal. She used to just clap her hands at the end and say "yeah!" More recently, she began to say "Ma-Men" at the end! The other night, Jake and I looked at each other in surprise as Avery grabbed our hands and then jibber-jabbered the prayer herself as we bowed our heads, ending it with a big"ma-men" and a smile! It is special moments like that which make me feel like I must be doing something right! God is great, and I have one special little girl who shows me that each and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment